Simple animations are a hot design trend for websites as they can be a great way to get a user's attention, show how something works, reveal meaningful content, or provide whimsy and delight.
The growing collection of micro-animation libraries has made the use of well-designed, purposeful animations easier to implement than ever. But beware, just because something is easy to use, doesn't mean it's always the best choice for your website and goals.
Moderated by Jared Schwartz, Beaconfire RED's VP of Strategy & Innovation, our varied panel of experts (front-end developer, UX consultant and marketing consultant) discuss the growing trend and share examples of successful (and failed) animations.
Some of the topics we cover include:
· When to (and not to) employ simple animations
· How can animations help (and hurt) with website conversions
· What user actions are best helped with animations
· How to properly track user interaction with animations
· Examples of animations that work & why
· Examples of animations that fail & why
· Technical considerations when using animations
· Our favorite animation libraries
· Use of animations in ad units
· Why are we seeing an increase in animation use and what is the long-term trend